Trek to the top of Mount Batur to witness an unforgettable sunrise. Trek for two hours, reaching the volcano’s summit in time to enjoy spectacular views as the sun comes up. Wrap up the adventure with a soak in a natural hot spring to rejuvenate tired muscles
Depart the hotel in the dark, traveling to the base of Mount Batur. Meet with a trekking guide who will provide a safety briefing and instructions for the morning’s adventure. Then turn on a flashlight and hit the trails for an unforgettable Mt Batur sunrise walk.
The two-hour trek follows a well-defined path. Pass through volcanic ash, sand, and small rocks, remnants from Mount Batur’s previous eruptions. The trail is mostly uphill but there are plenty of opportunities to stop and rest. Although there is no ‘view’ in the early morning, the sky should provide plenty of opportunities for stargazing.
Upon arriving at the crater rim, find a place to sit and await the sunrise. Located at 1,717 meters above sea level, this vantage point offers the island’s best views. Relax and enjoy the site as the first light of day illuminates Bali and neighboring Mount Abang and Mount Agung.
Refuel with a simple breakfast and cup of coffee before returning to the trekking trail. Cross to another crater rim then descend along the same path as used earlier in the morning. This time, with the sun shining bright in the sky above, enjoy the views along the trail. See lava flows from recent eruptions and the path of destruction left behind.
Arriving at the base of Mount Batur, head to a nearby hot spring for a soak. Soothe tired muscles in these naturally therapeutic waters then enjoy a local lunch before returning to the hotel. (B and L)
Price per person in USD
- Without Hot Springs
- 1 pax: 100.00
- 2 pax: 65.00
- 3 pax: 56.00
- 4 pax and more: 49.00
- With Hot Springs
- 1 pax: 115.00
- 2 pax: 79.00
- 3 pax: 72.00
- 4 pax and more: 65.00
- Private air-conditioned car NOT joining other people
- Good speaking English driver
- Entrance to the volcano (Rp.100.000 / Person)
- Water during the hike
- Private Professional Trekking Guide NOT joining another guest so you will feel free to explore the volcano (Speaking English guaranteed)
- german speaking on request available
- Eggs for steam
- Hot tea or coffee on the top of the volcano
- Breakfast after hike
- Other meals than mentioned.
- Other services than mentioned.
- Personal travel Insurance.
- Gratuities, personal expenses, drinks, and other items.
- Other services are not clearly indicated in the Package Inclusion above.
What to bring.
We recommend wearing comfortable clothing, bring warm clothes and sturdy shoes.
Terms & Conditions
Moderate trekking, medium fitness level required.